PRINCIPAL CORROSIVE PHENOMENA
The effective design of products manufactured from stainless steel should take into account any corrosion that may occur in its use.
To this end there is a Customer Service Centre at the Forlì plant working in collaboration with the Italian Stainless Steel Development Association to provide technical advice on the best choice of materials and their correct use.
- General corrosion
- Stress corrosion cracking
- Galvanic corrosion
- Intergranular (or interchrystalline) corrosion
- Crevice corrosion
- Cold drawn pipes for cardans
PRINCIPAL NON-DESTRUCTIVE CONTROL SYSTEMS USED
- Eddy Current Control (Sep 1925 – Sep 1914)
- Hydraulic test
- Penetrant testing using liquids
The welding methods used in Marcegaglia’s plants are carefully selected based on the product’s intended final use to offer the best physical and mechanical characteristics as well as resistance to corrosion.
STAGES OF THE PRODUCTION PROCESS
– Austenisation and coil pickling
– Tube forming and welding
– Tube austenisation furnace
– Rolling of environmental pipework
– Non destructive Eddy Current Testing